6.16.2011

That Garden I was talking about...


Berkley, Out back

 
Old chicken Coop


This is the East's family garden I was talking about in a previous post. I really wanted to show how huge the zucchinis were, but they had harvested all of them. My daughter and I walked around the property for awhile after I took pictures of the garden. I snapped a few of the old chicken coops that they used to have stocked providing them and neighbors with fresh eggs. They have just been left to rust for now I guess, but I got some neat pictures. We walked over to Kerrie's house so my daughter could play with the current litter of puppies.  That brings me to another point, (that I could elaborate on for pages. I'm not going to, but I could) the stray dog situation in Tehuacana. I can't jog, walk to the post office, or take my kids to the park without being accosted by mobs of stray dogs. It's like "Gangs of New York"  at the main street intersection. Packs of dogs loyal to their particular run down home converge at the stop sign one hundred yards between my house and the park/post office to have barking contests. The two times I made the mistake of trying to go for a walk, I haven't stuck around to see if the barking contest escalates to full on gang wars. Is it a cultural trait to not spay and neuter your animals or collect strays like a hobby? I'm not judging. I do like dogs, but at this rate it is a safety issue. Not to mention, a couple miles down the street, I'm fairly certain I will see this neighbor on "Animal Hoarders" debating which of their vicious front yard dogs to give up. When you drive by their house, you see 20+ puppies shoot in all directions, and the adult and adolescent dogs run along side your car barking and trying to jump in your car window. Sorry, I said I wouldn't elaborate and I did anyways. I guess this all counts as just some of the "field observation" I have been able to do over the past several months.